Otherwise known as: "Look What I Can Do!" Well, I just made that part up. My best friend
Chriss{tine} has started or is thinking about starting "Masterpiece Monday" so I'm participating - linky or no linky. This is a place where you can display the crafty work you've done the week before, for me it gives me another reason to make time to scrap - just so I can have something to post. Plus she's like way ahead of me on page production progress so I need all the motivation I can get. Thursday, she went to my sister's house and they called me up and we attempted to scrap via cell phone. Well they scrapped & were pretty productive. I however was not so lucky. I started a page and had the vision in my head and was really excited about it but the kids didn't take as long of naps as usual, were getting into my stuff, baby was fussy and Michael kept yelling at the phone to talk to auntie. So I put away my stuff, said goodbye and tended to the children. Friday I took advantage of the kids napping and finished my pages. I had cleaned the house enough to not feel bad about scrapping and am really happy with how my pages turned out. I may redo my journaling at some point because I couldn't fit all that I had to write but other than that I think they are really cute. Anyone who knows us knows that my son loves I mean LOVES to drum. He's been drumming since he could hold two stick like objects in his hands and hit something. But he doesn't
just hit stuff, he can actually hold a decent beat. The pictures on these pages aren't the only ones that I have {or will have} of him drumming. I'm still waiting to get some pics of him drumming at my friends wedding, with the band. He was a show stopper, all eyes were on him and I was a proud momma. He used to run to the drums after church each Sunday and there was always someone willing to sit with him while he played for a little while. I love the papers I used and was so happy with the stickers used for the very long title. I tried a new thing to scallop the edges of the matting behind the four photos on the first page. I took the guard off of my corner rounder & used that to make the scallops. It looks fine but my OCDness isn't happy with the uneven scallops and funny corners it came out with. I'll have to practice more on that one.
To see some of my other pages click on the My Scrappy Stuff link under Sites to Surf on the left column. They are all on 2 Peas website - a great place to display & look at other pages as well as see new products. Thanks for the visit! Have a great day!
Check out more
Masterpiece Monday & join in if you have any recent projects that you've completed!


6 comments:
I love the scrapbook pages. The letters are really eye-catching.
Cute cute cute. I need to take some pictures of my THIRTY-NINE pages I scrapped....not all of them were gems but some of them came out cute. I think I'm hooked.
ADORABLE! Jake is also a drummer, which makes my dad (a drummer/lead singer) very very happy. Jake had the same drumset as your son, but 2 christmases ago, my parents bought him a real (like $500) drumset in his size to go next to my dad's drumset. They are hilarious when they play together! Jake and your son could be on the Drumline! (jake's fav movie by the way)
Wow, Rebecca! This post ALMOST makes me want to scrapbook ;-).
Thanks for stopping by and commenting at Tea Party Girl~great to hear from you! Keep it up with those two young 'uns...
Encourage that drumming! My neighbor's SonIL (nicest guy you could ever meet) ended up drumming for Bruce Springsteen on his last tour.
My posts are backdated because I am just a little behind on posting my family newsletters on my blog. I'll be caught up to the present soon.
I love these shots! You've got some talent girlfriend...you should spend some time with photography and scrap the scrap-booking (Oh no...I've committed blasphemy!)
Post a Comment