Tuesday, July 24, 2007

What I've Been Up To

So it's been a few days since I posted and as much as I love seeing my scrappy pages it's time to get something new on here. Yesterday I had my Mary Kay party. I had two people show up and it was a lot of fun. I got some great practice on my presentation, got to know two more people and they both sounded interested in hostessing a party in the future. As a bonus my house was so clean! I've got another appointment set for Saturday so I'm excited. Another thing that I'm excited about is the HUGE ENORMOUS NOT SMALL AT ALL dog days of summer bloggy giveaway hosted by Rocks In My Dryer. Click on the cute button with the dog wearing the glasses to check it out. There are 448 people giving stuff away on their blogs, by the time I'm done writing this it will likely be closer to 600 as this is spreading like wildfire throughout the internet. It is just amazing. I haven't made it through them all - though I'm hoping by the time it's over I'll have entered all of the ones I'm interested in. There is something for everybody! Some things that I've seen range from home made items like bows, hair clips, gift tags, bags, totes, hats, blankets, jewelry and more that I can't remember right now. There were books of all kinds, cookbooks, inspiring books, fiction, non-fiction, marriage, pregnancy, children, etc. There were also a lot of pampering type items, lotions, body sprays, candles, bubble bath and other bath products. My favorite among the items of course are the scrappy ones. People are giving away how to books, kits, embellishments, papers and all kinds of fun stuff. Oh and there were also a lot of coffee & chocolate giveaways too. I was intrigued by a few giveaways that had mystery boxes or surprise gifts. Some blogs that I want to make note of are this one that's giving away a variety of items, this one giving away scrappy stuff, this one giving away a book & looks like a fun blog, this one giving away books & hinting to a big announcement, this one giving away scrappy stuff from her business, and this fun blog that is giving away a Scrapbooks etc Techniques Idea Book. Whew, that was a mouthful! Well I just about got that done before the kids got up from naps. Now I must go so I can get a few things done around here and start preparing for my party on Saturday. Plus Michael's room is still a MESS! I need to take some before photos so you'll understand why I will likely end up getting rid of half the toys in his room. I'm in need of a new organization plan in there and I think purging is the first step. More posts on that later. Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

tammi said...

Ohhh, I hear you with the toys. Going through, sorting, organizing and then getting rid of at least half of what my girls have is on my 'to do' list for this summer yet. It needs to cool off a little first though. Their room is in the loft of our house and the A/C does NOT have much effect there!! Not enough to spend several hours working anyway. Good luck with that project and best wishes on your next MK booking!

Anonymous said...

So glad that your party went well and I wish you all the best with the next one too.

A clean house..what an added bonus LOL..I really despise housework but I love the feeling of accomplishment when i can sit down and look around when it is all done..don't you?

Raquel said...

thanks for visiting my blog! isnt this great!? I have a new drawing if you want to enter

Becky said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! The moving is going, almost done - it is amazing to see almost everything packed and then look around and still see more stuff! Wonder where it all comes from! Your Mary Kay party sounds like a success, especially if they would like to host a party. Hope you win lots of fun stuff - you will have to show pics on all the great stuff!

Susanne said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. How long have you been with MK? I signed up last February and it has been a BLAST!! I am SO excited because God has called my husband to preach, and I just KNOW Mary Kay was part of that plan!! I am having an MK Party at my house tomorrow night!! (I had a debut back in Feb, but not a lot of people could make it, so I am having a "do-over" to kick off the new year!) I am SO PUMPED!! Are you going to Seminar?? I leave on Tuesday for Dallas. I have never flown nor been that far away from my kiddies, but I am thinking that it will be exactly what I need to give my business a boost. I wish you all the best with your business, too!! Have a great day!

Stitchblade said...

Thanks for the comments about my Etsy stuff :)

Homemom3 said...

ugh on toys, they are every single place I look today. Can you believe the giveaway carnival? So many people have joined it, including myself so don't forget to sign up if ya haven't already.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how many things there are. so many AWESOME things!! thanks for visiting my blog

Katja said...

Thanks for visiting my site and attending my contest!

Katja from skimbaco.com

My Cleaning Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones