Friday, August 17, 2007

Faithful Friday {week 6}

So I'm a little late remembering that today is Friday and I have this post that I try {really hard} to remember to do. But better late than never right? Right. Though an old co-worker of mine {yes, I used to work an 8-5 and did pretty well too} would respond to that saying with "Better never late". Well duh but that's not so encouraging or forgiving. Speaking of my old 8-5, where did the term 9-5 come from? I've never worked or known anyone who worked from 9-5. Anyways I'm getting off topic and conversations about fertilizer {fancy for cow or other animal poo & dirt} flying through my vents because the wind was blowing in the wrong direction that day. Hmm...I should do a series sharing fun & sometimes 'scary' stories about my old job. What do you think?

Back to Faithful Friday because after all that is why I logged on and started posting rather than rummaging the kitchen for more to snack on while kids & hubby are taking a nap. w00t! for the quiet as a mouse house. Except that mice aren't very quiet, I'll share more in my old work stories. You intrigued yet? Focus people, focus! {speaking more to myself than you all} So I don't have a specific topic this week. But I do have some news. We have found a church! Hallelujah, praise the Lord! {by the way I'm glad you aren't required to know or spell 'Christianese' in order to be a Christian because my spelling is something awful lately} So yes, we have started going to church. It's a little chapel, not with pews but it's still cute, within walking distance from our house. There's a good group of people, around 100-150 and a variety of ages which is great and other children there too. Michael goes to more of a daycare thing than a preschool thing like he did at our old church but that's really my only disappointment. The worship is current & they have drums - do you worship without drums? I can but I much prefer the drums. And the words to the songs are on a projection screen so I'm not fumbling with the kids & song books. After service they get together for lunch, everyone. Plus they have a softball game each Sunday for the guys {or gals} and a few Bible studies going on.

Now, don't get your hopes up about the softball thing. I haven't exercised in quite sometime, in fact I even just misspelled the word exercise until the little red line told me it was wrong that's how out of touch with exercising I am. But If I do step up to bat I'll be sure and have hubby {try his best to} take a picture so you all can see. I used to play bobby sox - girls' softball if you didn't know. But that was 13 - wow - years ago and I haven't done anything close to 'gym' in about 7 - wow - years.

Thanks for stopping by. For more Faithful Friday click on the button up top. By the way, this is post number 150. I'm not sure if that means a) I'm a creative chick with lots of great stuff to talk about, b) I spend too much time on my computer and less time doing really important life changing stuff like laundry or c) I need to get out more. {I'd say a bit of each if you were curious}

4 comments:

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

I am so glad you guys found a church! And so close by! I think that is an important thing to get in place before deployment. You have always taken such comfort in your faith and will need to call on it again I am sure, as we all do. Having a place you know you can go to, where others are dealing with the same issue and finding their faith, I think will help A LOT. I'm so glad you found a place you feel good.

Suburban Correspondent said...

The church will be nice, especially with your husband going away. And, yes, 150 posts does mean that you're on the computer too much and are falling behind on laundry. At least, that's what it means for me.

Kimberly McKay said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you found your church home. My husband just started playing the drums for the kids' program at our church on Wed night and some other functions. IT's funny you mentioned them. Tonight was the first time I got to see him in action up on stage, and if I don't say so myself....WOW he is good. Id say drums are really important in any contemporary music program. Praise God for bring you to the doors of your church, where I hope you make many friends!

Melanie Faith said...

That's great: so glad you found a church. I know you've been looking diligently for awhile. :)

My Cleaning Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones