Monday, August 13, 2007

Masterpiece Monday {page 3}

Sorry today's post is so extremely ridiculously late. I didn't have my card reader to upload my photos for Masterpiece Monday until just now. A friend of hubby's borrowed it and we didn't get it back over the weekend. I know, I know - there's important blog stuff to do. I've got a few minutes before I need to finish getting myself, the kids & house ready before my Mary Kay meeting tonight. {I won't get lost er confused this time!} So I didn't get nearly as much done this week as Chriss{tine} - shocker I know. :P But I did start a spread. These are photos of me while in labor. I still need to add photos, journaling & embellishments but at least it's a start. I hope to have the rest finished by next Monday to show you the finished results as well as more pages. I'm starting to get used to my new routine/schedule and I can see that it's helping me divide my time more productively. Anyways, here's my {partial} pages.

One more thing. If you have some crafty creativeness you would like to share with more people in this blogosphere click on the button that says Masterpiece Monday to add your name to the linky at my friend's page. It's so much more fun to see many people's projects {scrapbook or otherwise} and get inspired!


This is the first page of the spread {spread = 2 page layout}. I know it doesn't look like much but the title took me forever {read: way too long}. I printed out the words about 5 times to get the right size & font thickness, then cut it out {took two attempts to not cut a letter in half} and I still messed up on the heart but by that time I was so done with it. Then I had to cut little itty bitty 1/8 strips of adhesive to get the letters to stick to the page. I ran out of my glue pen and need a new one esp if I ever do this kind of title again. Anyways, I need to print a picture of my sister, Chriss & I when I was still at home during labor, add the journaling from the stories of labor at home and an embellishment.

This is the second page of the spread. This photo of my layout came out a little blurry but the bottom picture really is blurry. I'm still using it because that's what things looked like to me at the time, and still in memory. This title I used a rub on so it was much easier & faster. I still need to add the journaling, it will go over the flower patterned paper.

3 comments:

Motherwise said...

Rebecca - you are so brave! If I had any of those photos of me in labor they would be torn into scraps instead of in a scrapbook! Good for you and I think your kids will treasure this as much as you...someday.

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

OOHHH I love these pages so far! I love the flowered pattern paper and, of course, the title! I like the font of "countdown to baby" too. Can't WAIT to see what they look like all done, you are so talented. Thanks for being my lone Mr. Linky, he's sooo LONELY! ;-) Can't wait to see what we get done this week! HA!

Biddy said...

i love the square paper...

if i'm ever your way, i'll bring all my scrapbook stuff and we'll scrap the night away!!

My Cleaning Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones