With all the SMARTness, showing of my Masterpieces and informing you all about really
important information I haven't really been talking much about my actual life outside of the great blogosphere we type in. So here's a list of things that have been going on lately that may or may not interest you.
* I took some pictures of Lydia on her 9 month day, they turned out really cute and I'm excited about that because that means I don't need to take her into a studio where the pictures may or may not come out well, over pay for prints & be manipulated into purchasing the extras they printed 'just in case I changed my mind' and if I don't they'll be burned & who am I to allow such a thing? Isn't that sweet of them to think of my memories {read: their cash register}.
* I still need to take pictures of Michael for his 3 year old photos but am delaying because he hasn't been in such a picture taking mood yesterday and the popsicles are gone so I have nothing left to bribe him with.
* My husband found out that one of his good friends from basic & ait training died in Iraq when
the Humvee he was in was hit with an IED. He knew two other people in the same vehicle, one made it out safely and the other was hit with shrapnel. I'm nervous, reality of what he's facing is hitting home and I'm getting scared.
* I was going to go to my first Mary Kay meeting last night but got confused & thought I was lost and by the time I figured out what I did I was too late. I really don't like showing up late so I'll give it another shot next week.
* We have a neighborhood national night out fair of sorts with a
{surprise!} cowboy theme tonight. It should be fun, games & fun for the kids and a chance to meet more people.
* We lived for a day without an air conditioner & we were all miserable. Can't remember if I shared that or not. Now it occasionally goes out but we know how to fix it so it's not so bad.
* I spent Sunday trying to cook, do laundry & watch some TV not knowing if my power was going to shut off & how long for. I think the power went off about 10-12 times, no exaggeration. Usually it was for short bits but still - annoying. Luckily no laundry or dinner was harmed in the process.
* I put Lydia's hair in a little pebbles style pony tail on Sunday and it stayed in fairly well. The next day Shawn was inspired by the mo hawk
look it left that he gave her a real mo hawk. Cute huh? We tried to give Michael one too but it just wasn't working with his longer hair.
* I think I remembered what I wanted to share. If not there's always another post tomorrow!
Thanks for visiting.
* I took some pictures of Lydia on her 9 month day, they turned out really cute and I'm excited about that because that means I don't need to take her into a studio where the pictures may or may not come out well, over pay for prints & be manipulated into purchasing the extras they printed 'just in case I changed my mind' and if I don't they'll be burned & who am I to allow such a thing? Isn't that sweet of them to think of my memories {read: their cash register}.
* I still need to take pictures of Michael for his 3 year old photos but am delaying because he hasn't been in such a picture taking mood yesterday and the popsicles are gone so I have nothing left to bribe him with.
* My husband found out that one of his good friends from basic & ait training died in Iraq when
* I was going to go to my first Mary Kay meeting last night but got confused & thought I was lost and by the time I figured out what I did I was too late. I really don't like showing up late so I'll give it another shot next week.
* We have a neighborhood national night out fair of sorts with a
* We lived for a day without an air conditioner & we were all miserable. Can't remember if I shared that or not. Now it occasionally goes out but we know how to fix it so it's not so bad.
* I spent Sunday trying to cook, do laundry & watch some TV not knowing if my power was going to shut off & how long for. I think the power went off about 10-12 times, no exaggeration. Usually it was for short bits but still - annoying. Luckily no laundry or dinner was harmed in the process.
* I put Lydia's hair in a little pebbles style pony tail on Sunday and it stayed in fairly well. The next day Shawn was inspired by the mo hawk
* I think I remembered what I wanted to share. If not there's always another post tomorrow!
Thanks for visiting.




3 comments:
*I HEART Lydia's picture!
*Believe me I understand about taking Michael's pic, lil B barely has any between 3 & 4!
*Sorry about DHs friend, it must be so hard for you both! I am SURE he will be fine while fighting for our country.
*Sucks that you got lost yesterday! But you made the attempt and that totally counts! You will make it further last time I know it :-D
*That National Night Out Fair sounds like so much fun! Can't wait to hear about it tomorrow and see pics!
*NO AC SUCKS.
*LOSING POWER SUCKS. TOO.
*YAY FIRST PONY!!!! How sad, M just got her first pony too, she's 2.
*Hehe, she's had the mohawk look before though ;-)
*CUTE PICS! CUTE KIDS!
Rebecca,
Lydia is just adorable in her pictures (and so is Michael). I am very sorry about your Shawn's friend--it's heartbreaking for him and scary for you. You need to know that we will all pull together for you when Shawn is deployed... you won't be alone.
And, on a lighter note, I took my older daughter out for dinner alone tonight and then we headed to the local craft store and (hold your breath!) bought! Scrapping! Stuff! so we could start our own family album. :-)
Cute kids!!
Post a Comment