Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunday Scrappin' #9

I've succumbed to peer pressure, but in this case it's a good thing. My bff who enjoys scrapping as much as I do joined a weekly scrappy blog carnival and now I'm joining in on the fun too. I'm hoping that this will be a great motivator to get my but in gear with all that I have to catch up on. My scrappy list is a long one. I had planned on catching up while my husband is away but between moving and holidays and vacations I haven't found very much time. So here's hopin!

The way this works is you show your "ta-das" and "to-dos" for the week. Which sounds like I get to show off what I have worked on and then write up a list of what I want to accomplish scrappy wise. There's also a bonus question that I'll answer at the end. So here gos.

My "ta-das" weren't done this week but are the most recent scrappy stuff I've worked on. I was waiting to post pictures to make sure everyone received their gifts before seeing them on here.

This is an altered paint can I made for my bff for her birthday. I filled it with some fun scrappy stuff I hoped she would like. It was so much fun to make and I look forward to making more.


These I added pictures of my kids in Santa Hats but forgot to take a picture of the finished product. They are decorative wall hangings, and I made them for Christmas decorations. When I added the photos I did with photo corners so next year I can send the recipients updated Christmas pictures of the kids. These were given to my mother in law and one of my grandmothers. (You can click on pictures to enlarge if you'd like).

Now for my "to-dos". Oh boy, like I said I have A LOT of catching up to do but before I can even get started with scrapping I need to get some supplies and organize my stuff, so that's what my list is about.
  • visit new scrappy store and restock cardstock (get ideas for new pages)
  • organize patterned papers by category and solids by color
  • go through embellishments and toss what I have held onto 'just in case' and have yet to use it.
  • find storage for larger items - paint cans/lunch pails, etc
  • write out list of scrappy pages to do in Lydia's album - finish before she's 2!
And here's the bonus question: If you could only do one kind of paper crafts for the rest of your life, which craft would you pick? This is an easy one for me to answer - scrapbooking. My favorite part of it is recording our family. BUT in my world altered items are included in that. Thanks for stopping by! For more scrappy inspiration click on the button above and join in if you'd like!

10 comments:

Ter said...

Love how your projects turned out!!

Anonymous said...

Picking one craft (even one paper craft) is nearly impossible for me. My sister is a hard-core knitter. My mother is a hard-core quilter. They call me the "dabbler." I like doing it all :) My sister did introduce me to iris-folding, which if you haven't tried you should! They are beautiful and pretty easy to do!

Amy said...

I'm glad you joined in the fun at SS!

I love those wall hangings-- what a neat idea! Especially since you can switch out the pics every year.

Just Me :) said...

I really enjoy seeing how people alter paint cans. :) I just bought a can to give it a try but we'll see how long it actually takes me to do it. Your wall hangings are wonderful. I'm sure your m-i-l and grandmother were thrilled to receive them.

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

Well, I LOVED and was so impressed with your paint can so much I posted it on MY first Sunday Scrappin ;-) And I LOOOVE those wall hangings! What a great idea to be able to update them! I might do some for myself! I always lack in wall stuff for Christmas so that would be a GREAT idea for me! Hope you are able to get all your To-Do's to-done this week! And I am SOOO glad you're joinin in this super fun carnival with me! YAY US! and YAY AMY for hosting! w00t!

Dr.John said...

So interesting I made you the link for the day.

Anonymous said...

Love both projects! I really love the color combination on the paint can. :-)

Motherwise said...

Just when I was so proud of myself for scrapbooking this weekend, you go an do ALL of this! It looks great but you have given me another reason to feel like a slacker. Crap! (Hope your sinus issue is better.)

Forgetfulone said...

I love, absolutely love, the paint can! All your crafts look great!

Sleeping Beauty said...

very neat paint can... I have never thought of that.

My Cleaning Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones