Tuesday, January 8, 2008

We Made It

Update: The house didn't blow over but the inside still looks like a twister came through. Think people would buy it if I told them that it really happened? A little twister just blew through making messes? No? Oh well, worth a shot.

After spending 18 hours {plus stops} in the car over two days we made it back home. We actually got in Sunday evening but yesterday I wasn't feeling great so I didn't get much done - off or online. The kids did REALLY well on the way home, I was SO thankful for that. They had some fits as to be expected but we all made it home in one piece, though we may have lost a few of our marbles along the way. The weather was great fortunately with all the storms around the country this past week. I spent a lot of time flipping through channels and while doing so had some thoughts to include in this post but two days later I have no idea what they were.

So now we are home and I'm not feeling great. Yesterday I felt nauseous {sp?}, congested and tired so I didn't get a thing done. This morning I'm just congested and tired so I guess it's an improvement. Though I'm still not very motivated to do much. And I just found out that there's a tornado warning on post so considering my house already looks like a tornado hit the thought it could look like this again doesn't get me moving. I have my looong list of things to do and want it all done, it's just getting to the doing it I can't quite start on. I hope your week has started off more productive than mine. Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you don't feel well but am glad you're all home safe. I would suggest just choosing one thing from your list and getting it done... the whole list is just too intimidating. But one thing isn't so bad. Then maybe this afternoon or tomorrow evening, you tackle the next one thing.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home. I'm glad you made it safely despite dropping a few marbles along the way. Your kids have got to be troopers...I'm impressed. Rest and catch up with us later...we'll be here.

Melanie Faith said...

hey, I like your old-fashioned index card! Glad you made the long trek to entertain me in such an unusual fashion. lol

Melly

tammi said...

Glad you made it home okay! Batten down the hatches, forget housecleaning for another day, and take another evening to just laze around. (and hopefully, there won't be a tornado around to ruin your plans!!)

Andrea said...

Take it easy until you feel up to it. You've had a crazy whirlwind of activity over the last few weeks and now you are finally back in your own home...take some time to BREATHE!

And please keep us posted on the tornado issue...I get nervous everytime I hear that "t" word!!

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

YAY YOU'RE HOME! YOU'RE HOME YOU'RE HOME YOU'RE HOME!!! I am SO glad to have you back IM BUDDY! Watching LOOOOST just isn't the same without your CONSTANT whatthecrapisgoingON?! messages! Sucks that you dont feel good though! But yeah you just got done with a heck of a journey, give yourself a day {or FEW} to adjust to being home! SOOOO GLAD YOU ARE BACK!

My Cleaning Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones