Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday Scrappin' #10

This week I don't have much to share. I have been busy cleaning & organizing the house and working my business that I forgot all about my scrappy to do list. And didn't even think about pulling my stuff out to scrap anything. Sad I know. So I'll do same as I did last week and show you what I worked on while I was on vacation. This is a paperbag album I did for my dad & stepmom. I left it blank for them to choose their favorite photos. I used a sticker sheet & coordinating bazzil/cardstock and finished it in about an hour. Paper bag albums {when using a sticker sheet} is my favorite way to get quick results. Ta-da! You can click on the pictures for a larger image. The last picture is of the tags/pull outs that go in each pocket.



This week my to-do list will be copied from last week in hopes that I actually check at least one item off. My hope is that as I make progress on the house I'll have the {guilt free} time to tackle these goals.
  • visit new scrappy store and restock cardstock (get ideas for new pages)
  • organize patterned papers by category and solids by color
  • go through embellishments and toss what I have held onto 'just in case' and have yet to use it.
  • find storage for larger items - paint cans/lunch pails, etc
  • write out list of scrappy pages to do in Lydia's album - finish before she's 2!
This weeks bonus question: Which of your recent projects were you most proud of? I really loved how a paperbag album I made for one of my grandmothers turned out but of course I forgot to take pictures & even worse, it looks like it may have been lost in the mail. I can easily enough make her another one but it's SAD to me still. I also liked the wall hangings that I shared last week. It was the first time I had made an altered item like that and had no examples to copy. I liked them so much I wished I had made more to give away as gifts. Maybe next year?!

Thanks for visiting! For more Sunday scrappers or to participate yourself - click on the button above. Have a scrap happy week!

13 comments:

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

OH how I LOOOOVE your paperbag albums! You make them look like they came from a scrappy store! And just so ya know, I totally plan on copying it ;-) probably with another theme though ;-) Good luck on your MANY MANY items! Have a happy scrappy week!

ChrissyM said...

Your paperbag is very pretty! Hope you have a scrappy week this week. Good luck with getting organized. I have found now that I am organized in my craft room I scrap and make cards more.

Chrissy

Anonymous said...

rebecca--that is a really cute album but for the uninitiated among us (ok, me). What is a paperbag album?

Anonymous said...

Love your paper bag album ... it's so cool how something starting out with such simple ingredients turns out so fabulous!

Amy said...

That is such a neat album! And don't feel bad about not getting any scrappy things done... that's the story of my life, LOL. It's also the reason I created this meme- so we can all keep each other motivated! :)

Lee said...

OH wow!! I've never tried these before!! These are gorgeous!! I'm looking forward to learning a lot and getting lots of wonderful ideas from my new Sunday Scrappin' friends!! :)

Forgetfulone said...

I guess I don't feel so bad about not getting to do much in the way of scrapbooking. I love your paper bag album. Good luck with your business.

Just Me :) said...

What a nice gift to give to your dad and step mom. :) It looks great! I'm going to have to learn how to do that. :)

Kimberly McKay said...

You are so talented. I love those pics of that scrapbook project. I'm so jealous.

Georgia Belle Boutique said...

Love it! What a great gift. I have to learn how to do that! It is really fantastic!
Let us know how your business goes and good luck!

Anonymous said...

I love your paper bag albums! You are unbelievable talented!

Keri said...

Very pretty scrapping! You inspire me to take it back up again ;)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! I love paper bag albums. Last year I made one for each of the children, and DH, for valentines day - http://hickoryspringsfarm.blogspot.com/2007/02/dans-paper-bag-valentines-day-card.html

My Cleaning Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones