Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Car Hurt

That was Michael's reaction to seeing my car after the accident.



First let me say that we are all okay. My back is a little sore and my ego/pride bruised but the kids are fine and my injuries aren't serious. Michael slept through the whole thing in fact. So I don't want to get into the details of the accident but it was my fault. Let's just say it involved a one way street, a left turn, and a wrong lane. There was only one other car involved and the driver of that vehicle was okay, rude but not injured. I understand that he was upset & surprised but I really don't think that made it okay for him to start yelling at me as soon as I stepped out of my car. Later he apologized 'if' he yelled at me - LAME. **Apologies that include the words if or but are not apologies at all.** So yeah, car hurt. We came home and Michael pointed at the space on the car where the bumper should be and says "Mommy, car hurt, fix it."

I know that 'at least everyone is okay' and 'it could have been worse' but the timing just really sucks. Not to say that there is a good time to have an accident but we're already straining financially and have to buy plane tickets back home to California for my sister's wedding - which I'm not missing no matter what. So it's another thing to add to the stress factor around here. Ugh. Fortunately it wasn't as bad as it could have been, not just the accident but dealing with it afterward. The MP (military police) that showed up was very nice and helped me out as much as he could. I think he felt bad for me because I was crying, had the two kids with me and realized that I really thought I wasn't doing anything wrong. Shawn came over after I called him and helped hold Lydia while I was filling out paperwork. His LT (lieutenant) showed up to make sure we were alright and followed us home with our bumper in tow - we couldn't fit it in our car. So until we come up with the money for the deductible to make repairs on my poor little car I'll be driving the Pathfinder - good thing we didn't sell it yet. I'm sad to lose my Altima, such a cute little car. Oh well, it shouldn't take too long to get the repairs done. Thanks for visiting and drive safely.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

omGoodness! You poor thing. I'm glad you're all okay & that Shawn was close enough to be there. (((prayers))))

Stargazer said...

Aww I have had that happen to me as well. I am glad you had a nice police officer. I was crying cause I was so shaken up and the responding officer essentially told me that me crying was temping him to charge me more since "women always cry to get off lightly" Hello?! I was just really scared. I am so glad that you and the kiddies are ok!

PK said...

I will not give glory to the enemy for the drama. I however, praise God that you were protected, that the kids slept through it, and that cars are repairable or replacable.

Love and miss you, Bec!

Melanie Faith said...

Rebecca! How scary. Is this your first accident? Luckily your car is fixable and it wasn't totaled. But more importantly--the you and the kiddos are okay!

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

I'm glad you're ok too! Your poor baby! Thanks for takin pics of it for us though ;-) I hope the damage isn't too severe and that your back doesn't start hurting more. You should probably see a doc anyway, just to make sure nothing was misaligned or something. Some people I know have had effects of an accident show up months later. Don't want to scare you, just thinkin you might want to make a routine appt. with a doc just to have things looked at. Gotta take care of YOU!

Sherry said...

OUCH! Yep, if only you could just bandage that boo-boo right up and let it heal on its own, right? Michael's onto something...deductibles are a bummer.

I'm glad you are all okay. Accidents happen, right? If only people could learn to be a little more forgiving. And I agree. That "if" stuff just doesn't cut it! Where's the accountability in that?

Once again, though, glad you are all safe and sound.

hrpeters said...

Praise God you and the babies are okay. You had some angels around you. I take six whenever I am on the road and though I've never seen them, I know they are beefy. I started praying for protection when I was a college student in LA. I can loan you one but don't break his wing because he has to fly back here after you're done with him. I have a feeling I'm going to need all the angelic protection I can get when I go to Israel this summer. I've been lax in praying for you--forgive me. I will double my efforts and also pray for finances to come through.

Kimberly McKay said...

Oh man when it rains it pours. I'm so sorry, but am so glad you're all okay. Thank the good Lord that you were all protected. I understand the financial struggle...it's hard.

My Cleaning Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones