Friday, May 18, 2007

Smart Habit Saturday {week 3 May}

Wow! I am so proud of myself right now. Not to toot my horn, well maybe a little - toot! Okay, I can continue now. My enthusiasm is because I have been doing this for almost a whole month. Not just posting about habits but really doing them and incorporating them into my daily routine. I find that I've started to pick up new habits without thinking of them originally but they stem from the ones that I was going for. You'll see below. I'm not going to do explanations of current habits {habits in progress} anymore, just the new ones, for the current ones I'll just let you know how my progress is going. By the way, have any of you thought of trying this out? If not I'd encourage you to give it a shot. From the posts I've seen, and I try to read as many as I can, I think that everyone is very honest about their progress. This isn't a way for a bunch of people to pat themselves on the back for nothing. It's about turning things that sound like a good idea for yourself into action that you don't have to put so much thought into. You can check out The Lazy Organizer for more inspiration & information about Smart Habits as well as link to posts from other smarty's.

Current Habits:
  1. Clearing the dishes each night: habit!
  2. Brushing my teeth each night: habit!
  3. Nightly quick pick-up: habit!
  4. Using skin care products each night: working on it :) *not an original habit but started doing it along with brushing my teeth.
  5. Cleaning counters & sweeping kitchen each night: working on it :) *not an original habit, it stemmed from doing the dishes.
New Habit:
  • Clean and/or organize at least one small space a day. That could mean a cabinet, closet, drawer, bag, shelf, etc. With having recently moved and still trying to get settled in the tasks can seem very overwhelming at times and then two months later there are still boxes in my room and things put somewhere "just for now to get them out of the way". I figure that if I can tackle one small space a day then the whole house will be taken care of ~ eventually. And as we all know once it's "done" you gotta start all over again because spaces are bound to clutter again. Kinda like the Golden Gate Bridge. For those of you who aren't from California or current on bridge maintenance, the people who paint it start at one end and by the time they reach the other it's time to go back and start again. It would almost make me want to say - why bother? But I'm also one of those who has never seen the point in making my bed. Maybe that'll be next on my smart habits. {Make my bed that is, not paint the bridge}.
You can find out more info about my Smart Habits by clicking here or click on the My Habits topic.

I didn't forget Faithful Friday, just posted late & did this one right after so scroll down to check it out if ya want. Thanks for the visit!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

You have a lot of habits already, good for you! Good luck this week!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your new habit! I know what you mean about feeling like there is not point, but at the same time at least that part was clean once, rather than HORRIBLY messy and getting messer. At least you can start at a clean point. I don't really see a point in making my bed, either. I do like the way it looks when I get around to it, though!

My Cleaning Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones