As you regular readers know one of my SMART habits this week is to enjoy my time. My time is when the kids are napping or down for the night. Most days this week I've taken the opportunity to work on finishing up a project I started. It's an album of the events leading up to my wedding. I know, it's been two years already - why am I just starting now? For those of you who scrap - you understand the time put into these projects. For those of you don't scrap - you understand that having kids affects all parts of your schedule. Anyway, I'm almost done with this album. I started on it a few weeks back but have been working on it for about 1-2 hours almost everyday this week. If I had had a weekend to just get it done I'm sure I could have finished it in two days. I've kept my layouts simple & most photos explain themselves so there isn't a lot of journaling. To see the album & other projects I've worked on you can click here or click on the 'My Scrappy Stuff' link under Sites to Surf. I also have my honeymoon album there along with a couple cards I've made. I have many more projects to take pictures of & upload - I'm hoping to get that accomplished by the end of the summer. If you scrapbook I recommend checking out the 2Peas website for ideas, inspiration, shopping & displaying your work.
There are two techniques I wanted to share with you also. The first is a trick that I learned from my Aunt Kris. She is even more into scrapping than I am. Her scraproom {jealous over here} is like a little store. Seriously, I could shop in there & she likely wouldn't notice anything missing. Anyways, she showed me a neat thing she did to make flower embellishments on a page she did. She used the tube from an empty toilet paper roll - would also work with a paper towel roll but a smaller tube will last you long enough. She flattened it out, used a ruler & exacto knife to cut approx 1/8-1/4 inch strips. After cutting them you can 'shape' the pieces of cardboard tubing into wider or skinnier petals/leaves. I happened to use white cardboard tubing & inked the edges to add more depth. The background was white so I wanted it to pop some. You can also use brown tubing. Paint, ribbon, fibers or wiring can also be added to these. So far I've only used ink but have a lot of ideas of what else can be done with them.
The first photo shows the pieces after being cut. The second photo is the page that I used the tubing to add to my fabric flower. Note: for some reason scanning this made the strip of pink paper & square of green paper a whole lot brighter than they actually are. This page is in the beginning of the album and has the shower invitation on it.
The second technique is applying rub ons to ribbon. To some this may be old news. I've seen it before but hadn't tried it until last night. I first did a test with part of a quotation mark rub on at the end of the ribbon & guess what? It worked! So I attached the strip of ribbon around the back of the page using tape & applied the rub on as my title. I just love how it turned out. I was a little surprised that it worked on the sheer ribbon. I think I'm hooked on rub ons for the moment & am having fun finding new {for me} ways to use them.
These are photos taken during our rehearsal. You can see the title 'rehearsal' {creative, I know} is on the ribbon along the side. Quick side note: I really, really miss my long hair.
You can click on the images for a larger view.
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Scrappin'.
There are two techniques I wanted to share with you also. The first is a trick that I learned from my Aunt Kris. She is even more into scrapping than I am. Her scraproom {jealous over here} is like a little store. Seriously, I could shop in there & she likely wouldn't notice anything missing. Anyways, she showed me a neat thing she did to make flower embellishments on a page she did. She used the tube from an empty toilet paper roll - would also work with a paper towel roll but a smaller tube will last you long enough. She flattened it out, used a ruler & exacto knife to cut approx 1/8-1/4 inch strips. After cutting them you can 'shape' the pieces of cardboard tubing into wider or skinnier petals/leaves. I happened to use white cardboard tubing & inked the edges to add more depth. The background was white so I wanted it to pop some. You can also use brown tubing. Paint, ribbon, fibers or wiring can also be added to these. So far I've only used ink but have a lot of ideas of what else can be done with them.
The first photo shows the pieces after being cut. The second photo is the page that I used the tubing to add to my fabric flower. Note: for some reason scanning this made the strip of pink paper & square of green paper a whole lot brighter than they actually are. This page is in the beginning of the album and has the shower invitation on it.
The second technique is applying rub ons to ribbon. To some this may be old news. I've seen it before but hadn't tried it until last night. I first did a test with part of a quotation mark rub on at the end of the ribbon & guess what? It worked! So I attached the strip of ribbon around the back of the page using tape & applied the rub on as my title. I just love how it turned out. I was a little surprised that it worked on the sheer ribbon. I think I'm hooked on rub ons for the moment & am having fun finding new {for me} ways to use them.
These are photos taken during our rehearsal. You can see the title 'rehearsal' {creative, I know} is on the ribbon along the side. Quick side note: I really, really miss my long hair.You can click on the images for a larger view.
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Scrappin'.
Powered by ScribeFire.




2 comments:
1. LOVE the pages!
2. SO glad you are using your "me" time and getting something done that you enjoy
3. Those rub ons are awesome!
4. I wanna shop at your aunt's scrap room too!
5. I liked your long hair too but I think it's so cute short too, specially when it's curled, or flared like at my wedding.
6. I really, really miss my long hair too :-(
7. YAY KIDS NAPPING IN UNISON!
You are a fab scrapbooker! I really need to try and devote some more time to scrap booking too.
I went into your honeymoon scrapbook pages and they are just lovely, well thought out.
Post a Comment