
This is my first time doing WFMW. I've lurked around on Rocks in my Dryer looking at some great ideas & gotten some handy tips for a while now & finally decided to something that works for myself. Some of you may remember my post about my stairs, if not you can go read it. This is my first time living in a house with an upstairs & downstairs and I ranted out some frustrations about that. One of those frustrations was going up & down the stairs 398,203 times a day - or so it felt like. Half of the time was while cleaning the house and going up & down to put things where they belong. Recently a light bulb turned on over my head *ding* & I figured out that if I put a container of some sort at the bottom of the stairs I could more easily bring up many items at once to put things away. So that's what I did. Originally I had a box from unpacking but I realized that it was much to big which meant I found myself looking in the box for things that weren't where they should be. The last thing I need is another place to look for stuff so after rearranging some things I swapped it out for a smaller container. Now when that container is full or I'm going upstairs empty handed & have a few minutes I grab it, put stuff away. Bonus to this is when I'm upstairs if I come across something that should be down here I put it in the container, bring it back down, put things away & place it in the entryway again - which means no need for a separate container upstairs. Also, the la
rger box that I was using at first is now being used for shoes that stray away down here. By looking at the photo you can see that it is once again time for me to clear out the container & return shoes to their rightful place. Eventually I'd like to get a cute & sturdy basket for the shoes & a nicer container for the stuff and have both containers placed under a bench or table in the entryway but for now this works. Check out this week's WFMW over at Rocks in my Dryer for more ideas & inspiration. There is no theme to the ideas this week so who knows what you will find.



6 comments:
Rebecca, first I want to say welcome to the neighborhood. We live in the same town. I thought it was a small world when I found your blog.
We close on our new home next month; it's a 2 story cap cod. I like your idea about keeping a basket to carry stray things up/down stairs. I definitely plan to do that.
Maybe thinking of the stairs as exercise might help you.:=)
Blessings, Beth
When you find your Amish Farmer's market, look for one of these: http://www.comforthouse.com/stairstepbas.html. Even filled with clutter, it still looks cute! I got mine at our local Amish village last year...
Beth - wow, small world. I tried to check out your blog but your profile doesn't have one listed. Good idea about exercise, though I don't care for that much either - unless its fun like chasing my son around the park or something.
Leendaluu - that is too cute! I will be on a hunt for an Amish Farmer's market this summer and looking for one of those. It's just perfect.
GREAT IDEA! I am SO copying you! I can't wait until we're in the new house and I can go back to your site and check out all your organizing ideas and SMARTness, I wanna be like you when I grow up! ;-) For real though, I love that you are all over this stuff, it's gonna make it nice for me when I need some inspiration...So thanks girl! :-D
Chriss - I can't wait until you get into your new house too. It will be fun to see everything that you do. And I'm honored to be your 'guinea pig' for all of this moving & organizing stuff. ;)
I do a similar thing, but I just put things on the stairs and take one or two things, or whatever will fit in my hands. I like your idea better. It is nicer looking and less dangerous than having random things on the stairs to trip over!
Post a Comment