Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's Day Re-cap


So I'm a little late in getting this done. Yesterday I was tired and uninspired to do anything. Because of that there is now a large pile of clothes waiting to get folded on my couch, a larger pile of clothes in the entry waiting to be cleaned {plus the full hamper}. Every time I think I've gotten ahead of the laundry it starts popping up all over, I'm not even sure where it comes from - I certainly don't have a large wardrobe. So - Mother's Day! It was a good day. Shawn was very sweet and made breakfast, lunch & dinner and even did clean up afterward. He also had Michael make me a card, mostly scribble but very cute. We spent the day at home relaxing and playing with the kids. That night we rented "The Pursuit of Happyness", it was a very good movie. Will Smith did an excellent job and is one of my favorite actors, oh and his son is so adorable. So that was my day. Nothing too big but it was nice to be recognized and feel appreciated. Oh, I almost forgot. When we were eating breakfast, pancakes & eggs, which Michael was very excited about, I told him that it was Mother's Day and asked him if he knew what that meant. His response - "Pancake Party". Shawn and I had fun taking some pictures while we were watching a movie, Under the Tuscan Sun. We actually only saw parts of it, missing a lot in the middle so I'll have to watch for that to come on again. So often our pictures revolve around the kids so it was fun to take some of us. While taking these photos I was thinking in scrap - shocker I know - and I plan on making them look like photo booth photos, you know in the strips. We took more with kisses & funny faces but I'm just posting this one. He was a very good sport about it. It really was a good day. This was the first mother's day that we didn't have any other moms to celebrate with. In the past years I've had my mom, stepmom, mother in law and grandmothers to celebrate with. We'd usually have them over for lunch and give gifts and cards. {I still need to make & mail out cards for my stepmom & mother in law - oops!} This last photo is a picture of the dinner Shawn made for me. It was chicken alfredo over pasta topped with oven roasted tomatoes and served with steamed green beans & zucchini. My hubby is such a great cook and dinner was very tasty. I loved the tomatoes and want to try making them myself on day. Oh and one more thing, to get the picture of me and the kids we had to bribe Michael with ice-cream. He did not want to take a picture. This is also the only one that has both kids looking at the camera - of course I wasn't but oh well. I think with little ones it's hard to get a picture with everyone looking at the camera while smiling. I still like it though.

6 comments:

Melanie Faith said...

Very nice post! Yum.

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

LOVE the picture of you and the kids!
LOVE the pic of you and honey!
LOVE the dinner pic and thanks, now I'm hungry!
LOVE all the scrappy ideas!
LOVE your relaxing mother's day!

Anonymous said...

"I was tired"

Two kids that young. I am not surprised.

FTN said...

I'm just impressed with those mad cooking skillz from your husband. Guess I should be glad my wife likes meals simple... Less work for me when I cook.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful kids! Love the blue eyes on Lydia. Thanks for adding me to your blog listings---I am SO SO honored!

Kimberly McKay said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day. I made waffles for my boys. My husband promised me he'd make breakfast for me on Father's Day. :)

My Cleaning Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones