Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Random{ness}

This is my third attempt to post today. The first time I had an interruption in my connection and I thought I had saved a draft but I was wrong. The second one I started and saved when I had to make dinner but now I don't like it so I'm starting again. I didn't have much to post about earlier. It was a pretty normal day - basic house cleaning, changing diapers, wiping noses - but during a craving for sweets I remembered a photo Shawn took of the other night and wanted to put it up. He was having a chocolate milk meltdown or has he would say 'chamee milk' (sounds like: cha-me milk). It was a late night to bed for him and he was well past cranky. He had asked for chamee milk and we said no because it was {well past} time for bed. He went into the kitchen and came back with all necessities in tow. Milk, chocolate syrup & his cup. Isn't it just about the saddest sight? We only made him wait long enough to take this photo - have I mentioned I'm a scrapper? - then caved and gave him his chomee milk and tucked him into bed. By the way, now you can see my grocery store floor and part of the living room. The pile of camo stuff is everything Shawn had to bring out to the field with him. And yes, it's still in that same pile, hasn't moved, and I won't miss it when it finally does. If it doesn't move maybe I'll use it as inspiration to decorate, have the whole place covered in camouflage - oh wait then we wouldn't be able to find anything, never mind.

Monday Lydia had her first taste of baby food {other than mama's milk} and she seemed to really enjoy it, the spoon at least. With Michael I did pretty good about making sure he didn't try 'people food' {you know what I mean} before having baby food. It went like this: nursing exclusively - nursing & grain cereal - nursing, grain cereal & baby veggies - nursing, grain cereal, veggies & fruit - nursing, veggies, fruit, baby meats - and by the time he was at stage 2/3 he would sample 'people food'. Lydia is still nursing but had a taste of spaghetti sauce & mashed potatoes before trying out grain cereal. I don't know if it's just me being more lax about things or if Shawn is just better at sneaking her food but thats how it's gone. I'm excited about her moving into this new phase. It means we are beginning the weaning process. {Don't get me wrong, I love nursing my babies. For me it just makes sense and works. I know it's not what works for everyone and this is not an attempt to 'push' nursing.} However, I do look forward to not wearing nursing pads, being able to choose something to wear without thinking 'will I be able to nurse the baby while wearing this?' - dresses are out of the question, not waking up half covered in milk, and not smelling like said milk {not so sexy}. Yay Lydia!

Another thing I did today was talk to my little sis on the phone. That is a more rare occurrence these days since I moved out of state. Plus she's got a crazy busy work schedule, social calendar, wedding planning, time with fiance, etc. oh and the whole time difference throws us off too. I'll think to call her in the morning but she's still asleep, then working, she'll think to call me after work but I'm sleeping. It is only 52 more days until she is a married woman. It still seems so odd to me. I don't know why. She'll be the same age I was when I was 8 months pregnant with my oldest. I'm not worried if she's ready for marriage or question who she is gracing the privilege of marrying her. I guess I still see her as my 'little sister', the toddler that Chriss & I would dress up as a gypsy using pieces of fabric around the house. We all had so much fun as kids; playing Barbies, little people, houseboats, lighty birdy - ah the memories. Anyway I'm really excited about the wedding and going back to California. She UPS'd me the bridesmaid dress and I love it - much better than the black over yellow version I tried on at the bridal shop, bumble bee wedding? I don't understand. Shell's wedding colors are pink & brown and it has a coffee theme - I'll explain in future posts - so the dresses are pink with a brown overlay & pink sash. In this photo you mostly see the brown. I took these pics using my handy dandy timer feature on my camera and took advantage of the built-in in the entryway. Don't you love the way the dress twirls? I do.

Well, I think that is it for today. Thanks for dropping by. I'm going to go eat some cereal now & finish watching Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events oh and read the blogs on LOOOOOOST and browse around a template sight...I know, I know! I have issues.

5 comments:

PK said...

Wow, the dress is gorgeous...like coffee and sugar packets!

I say throw Lydia some BBQ ribs and let her go at it. And by the way, my Sarah recommends to Mikey that he forego the sippy cup and drink straigh out of the Hershey's squeeze bottle (like she does). When there's not enough syrum left, add the milk to the Hersheys bottle and shake well. Voila! Disposable squeeze-top drinking vessel!

Stargazer said...

I love the chocolate milk meltdown pic. What a cutie, and he obviously loves his chocolate milk (I can't fault him there!!) The bridesmaid dress is gorgeous and you actually could wear it again. hurray.

Anonymous said...

Very cute dress! I get what you are feeling about nursing. I look forward to it and away from it, all at the same time.

Wendy said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my blog! You have a beautiful family. I look forward to coming back and visiting some more.

Your dress is beautiful. I love the color combo!

Sherry said...

Loving the dress! You remind me of those 50s ads featuring housewives wearing full-skirted dresses and heels while cooking and cleaning in the kitchen :) I always thought they looked so classy and elegant, despite the absurdity of it all. It looks great on you! Coffee and sugar packets? That comment was great - such a cool idea.

That picture of Michael is too funny! Two year olds are so persuasive, aren't they? I'll admit: Hannah has managed to get MORE than enough cookies that way!

And to nursing: I had to give it up - finally - with my little guy :( but I know what you mean about the nursing conundrum. I was SO upset that I could no longer nurse Cohen, but then again, I felt a bit relieved and newly free at the same time :) Then I felt bad about feeling those things. Oh, well! Life continues... kids grow so fast!

My Cleaning Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones