
This is my first (hopefully of many) Smart Habit Saturday posts. This is something I found to participate in at Lara's blog - The Lazy Organizer. So each Saturday I will be posting on the progress of a new habit each week, and continuing the new habit from the week before. Lately I have been unmotivated & hitting walls when it comes to getting my house in order and maintaining any order achieved up to this point. When I found this I was a little intimidated by it (I'm not sure why). But after seeing other people do theirs I'm thinking, why not give it a shot. At the least I'll have some good habits developed and at the most I'll have some good habits developed, be motivated to do more, & maybe when a book & an organizing bag to go along with it. I recommend checking out her sight for tips on organizing & to see these handy bags. You can click on the link above or find her sight on my blog under 'Informative Blogs'.
So, what's my habit that I've been working on?
* Clearing the counter & sink of dishes each night. I've done okay on this one, two nights out of four this week (counting only May) it was done - so I'll be continuing to work on it this week. I know I can still clean them in the morning but I get cranky when I have dishes from the night before to clean knowing I'll have plenty for this day in itself.
My new habit for this week:
* Brushing my teeth every night before bed. I know, I sound like I'm four. So often I end up falling asleep on the couch or nearly passing out and going straight to bed without taking care of my teeth first. It's gross and I need to change it.
You can check back next Saturday to see my progress on these two habits and what my next habit is. Also check out more information on Smart Habit Saturday and cick here if you'd like to join in the constructive competition also.
So, what's my habit that I've been working on?
* Clearing the counter & sink of dishes each night. I've done okay on this one, two nights out of four this week (counting only May) it was done - so I'll be continuing to work on it this week. I know I can still clean them in the morning but I get cranky when I have dishes from the night before to clean knowing I'll have plenty for this day in itself.
My new habit for this week:
* Brushing my teeth every night before bed. I know, I sound like I'm four. So often I end up falling asleep on the couch or nearly passing out and going straight to bed without taking care of my teeth first. It's gross and I need to change it.
You can check back next Saturday to see my progress on these two habits and what my next habit is. Also check out more information on Smart Habit Saturday and cick here if you'd like to join in the constructive competition also.



12 comments:
Thanks for stopping by my blog! The twins were my second set of kids (the older ones are 18 and 16) so I definitely broke 'all the rules' having them....I think they had peanut butter on the second day of life! (kidding...a little)
I like your goal of brushing your teeth every night before bed...some people don't realize just how difficult that is. I'm currently working on trying to take a shower alone in the morning with out two five year old heads popping their heads in every 6 seconds....
Have a beautiful weekend..
I am one that likes to have my sink emptied of dirty dishes before bedtime too. It's so much harder to clean the food off once it's dried on!
I had to laugh at the teeth brushing. I know from experience that sometimes the simplest things are so hard to do. Good luck!
leendaluu - It sounds like my dad broke some of those rules too. He was 17 when I was born and now has 9 of us (his/hers/theirs) the youngest being about 6 weeks new. Good luck on that showering alone - I usually do that during nap or bedtime otherwise I have a visitor, who doesn't understand why I would want to bathe without his duckies.
It's amazing the difference a clean kitchen in the morning makes! I am working on that too. Good luck on your toothy goal too!
I'm so glad you joined SHS, it's quite fun actually.
I am so with you on the dishes thing AND the teeth thing. Good luck this week with your new habits!
Yep, I am one that passes out before bed. That's why I am MAKING myself stay up to get the house in order before going to bed this week. I usually half awake brush my teeth before crashing, but every so often I miss it and yep, I know what you mean.
Hope your week goes well!
~Mercy~
I've been slacking off on my teeth brushing habits too. It's so much easier to just fall asleep than have to walk all the way to the bathroom in my opinion. lol Good luck with that and the dishes this week!
Welcome to SHS! This is a great forum and I hope you enjoy it. It already sounds like you are doing well with your no dishes at night habit. Good luck this week with that and with brushing your teeth!
Cute kids!
I'm so happy you joined us for SHS and that we didn't scare you off. Most of us are really terrible at our habits but we make progress slowly and that's all that matters. See you next week!
Welcome to SHS! This week is my second week and I can totally understand the intimidation factor, but then I checked out some of the other posts and realized the women are not only fabulous but willing to say "Hey, this was harder than I thought!". I love knowing there are others willing to be honest and share in my very very little baby steps in habit forming. It has been a great deal of fun - the encouragement goes a long way!
good luck - the little things are the ones that are so easily missed. i have tried brushing my teeth right after dinner and dishes are done - that way i don't have to worry about it later and it keeps me from those late night snacks :O) have a great week
Thanks for all of the encouragement. I told my husband about these smart habits and he thinks it's a good idea too. Maybe I'll even get him started on some.
Glad you are joining SHS. Hope your teeth brushing goes well.
Post a Comment