It's that time again! Time to review my habits for this past week and begin a new one for this coming week. I'm really enjoying this Smart Habit Saturday stuff. Knowing that I have to 'report' my activities is motivation for me to get my things done. I look forward to having a long list of habits that are just that - habits, that I don't even think about doing but just do. I've got quite a few ideas for new habits and it will be nice when there is a long list of them that I'm doing well at. I just know it will make my life so much easier. So how'd I do this week?* Clearing the dishes each night: I think I did pretty good. Five out of seven nights this was done. It was so great to come down to the kitchen following those five nights and not have to tackle a sink full of dishes. I'm not a morning person and seeing stuff like that just makes me a little more cranky. Those mornings that I woke up with the dishes a mess - I wanted to kick myself.
* Brushing my teeth each night before bed: I did okay, still need some work on this one. Four nights out of seven I did this. I know gross right? I think my problem here is falling asleep on the couch at night. It's not usually very late when this happens either. So I need to brush my teeth before I settle in to watch a little tv {and risk passing out}. I can't brush right after dinner because I have snacks later on & I'm okay with that.
My new habit? {I debated taking on another one before getting these two better but decided to go for it.}
* Doing a quick pick-up throughout the house after the kids are in bed. Some days I already do this but I want to do it more often. Again, I don't like messes when I wake up. I usually do a pick-up of all the toys during nap time or sometime during the day so I can sweep {the floors need it at least once daily} but Michael pulls more out or I get some out for Lydia and the living room especially is just a mess in the morning.
I look forward to checking out everyone else's progress this week. And don't forget, if you want to start this yourself and enter the contest go visit The Lazy Organizer.



6 comments:
I like your list. I need to work on all of those things too. I hope you get a lot done this week!
you have a great list. and any progres is still progress - a little at a time will still get you there in the end. keep up the good work. Have a wonderful Mother's day!
I'm still working on picking up too. Any little bit helps though!
Happy Mother's Day!
I need to work on doing a "quick sweep/pick up" after the children are in bed. Maybe I should try to start that next week. :)
I need to remember to do that every night, too. The mornings I wake up after we have done it are so wonderful! Have a great week and Happy Mother's Day!
I think of doing that every morning when I wake up to a mess. It's hard because the last thing I want to do with a little time at night is to do more cleaning. But so worth it.
Good luck this week.
Post a Comment